Universal Remote Control
The original requirement came about when the IR remote for my Nikon D70 camera stopped working. Instead of browsing Amazon and purchasing a replacement for £5 I decided to spend several weekends building one of my own.
The long term aim is to put together a universal remote control and the Nikon D70 remote control is the first step. The initial aims is to put together a remote control which can act as a simple trigger for the Nikon D70. The second stage is to allow control from a remote device such as a computer or phone.
You can follow the development in the following articles:
- Infra-red Transmitter and Receiver
- Nikon D70 Infra-red Remote Control
- Modulated Nikon D70 Remote control Signal
- Storing Data in the STM8S EEPROM
- Making the Nikon D70 Remote Control More Permanent
- Nikon D70 Remote Control PCB Layout
- Nikon Remote Control PCB Assembly
- Design update
- Bidirectional communication between a Windows application and the STM8S application
- OpenIR EEPROM Memory Dump
- OpenIR Circuit board revision B is out for manufacture.